BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR 2019
EVENT DETAILS ABOUT THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR
RADIO PROGRAMMING, RADIO TESTING AND FELLOWSHIP SESSION
- WHEN: Friday May 3rd, 2019 – 1800 EDT
- WHERE: TBA
- TALKIN: WC4PEM Repeater System – 444.625 MHz or 443.900 MHz – PL 127.3 Hz.
MAIN EVENT – BIKE TOUR ITSELF
- WHEN: Saturday May 4th, 2019 and Sunday May 5th, 2019.
- Start Line: Champions Gate for both days.
- Finish Line: Champions Gate for both days.
- These are the major route changes for 2019.
- Primary Operations Net – WC4PEM Repeater System – 444.625 MHz – PL 127.3 Hz (east end of route) or 443.900 Mhz. – PL 127.3 Hz (west end of route). For more information on the WC4PEM Repeater System please go to http://www.polkares.org.
- Primary Logistics Net – W4VCO Repeater – 444.275 MHz – PL 127.3 Hz. Note: This is normally a DMR repeater but during this event, it is temporarily replaced with an FM analog repeater just prior to and for the duration of the Bike MS Citrus Tour.
- APRS Trackers – 144.390 MHz. WC4PEM APRS Digipeaters.
- REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION: http://www.citrustour.org.
- BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR PAMPHLET: http://www.citrustour.org/files/Citrus%20Tour%20Brochure.pdf
Reminder: All returning volunteers for 2019 from last year do not need to re-register. Just simply log in and you will be prompted to update your information. Contact Mike Bresse W2YS , our Assistant Section Manager for the Bike MS Citrus Tour via email at email@example.com if you need your log in credentials reset or resent to you.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT
THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR
HOW DID THE ARRL WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA SECTION COME TO SPONSOR COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR?
For the past thirty years an informal group of dedicated volunteers had provided communications for the Bike MS Citrus Tour and the MS 150 that had preceded it. However in the last few years the number of volunteers had been falling off and reached a bare minimum. Starting in 2018, the ARRL West Central Florida Section per agreement with the logistics coordinator of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, agreed to become the sponsor of the amateur radio communications in order to facilitate recruitment of new volunteers to improve the communications service being provided and to have an umbrella organization under which the group of communicators can be organized. The ARRL West Central Florida Section Cabinet and or the Section Manager are not out to re-invent, re-make, or otherwise “take over” amateur radio communications for the Bike MS Citrus Tour, but to simply be a “sponsor” to provide a structure under which volunteers can be recruited, volunteers can be retained, and to help with resources.
See WCF SECTION PRESS RELEASE #18-2 for the initial announcement with some details concerning this.
WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES IN AMATEUR RADIO COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR IN BEING SPONSORED BY THE ARRL WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA SECTION?
No. All previous volunteers will continue in their respective volunteer positions and will continue to perform their responsibilities as they always have done. The staff and leadership have done an outstanding job in providing leadership in amateur radio communications for the Bike MS Citrus Tour. To quote the phrase: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
WHO IS THE AMATEUR RADIO COORDINATOR FOR THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR?
Mike Bresse W2YS has been appointed as an Assistant Section Manager for the Special Project – Bike MS Citrus Tour. Mike has been the SAG coordinator for the Bike MS Citrus Tour for a number of years, became co-coordinator in 2017, and is the new amateur radio coordinator as of 2018, for the Bike MS Citrus Tour, succeeding Jason Triolo KD4ACG. Jason stepped down as the amateur radio coordinator following the Bike MS Citrus Tour in 2017, to work on developing the Bike Marshal program.
WHERE DO I GO TO VOLUNTEER OR RETURN AS A VOLUNTEER FOR THE BIKE MS CITRUS TOUR AS AN AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR?