West Central Florida Section Field Day Caravan 2021
21st ANNUAL FIELD DAY CARAVAN INFORMATION
WCF SECTION FIELD DAY CARAVAN 2021
Please check back around late May to early June 2021 for information about the ARRL West Central Florida Section Field Day Caravan.
RADIOGRAM TO THE SECTION MANAGER – INFORMATION
GUIDELINES FOR SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR FIELD DAY MESSAGE
Here are some guidelines to remember when sending our Section Manager your Field Day message for 100 bonus points on Field Day:
- Must originate on amateur radio RF: You can use any frequency, as long as it is on the amateur radio frequencies. For example you can use an amateur radio repeater or simplex, analog voice, Fusion, DMR, D-Star, etc., to send your message. However you cannot use an digital voice hotspot such as NanoSpot, OpenSpot, etc., as these do not use RF to get the message off of the Field Day site.
- The message must originate during the Field Day period: The key here is ORIGINATED. As long as the message is ORIGINATED during the period, it is allowed. It does not have to be delivered during the period, only originated. Section Managers sometimes get messages that were originated during the Field Day period immediately following the conclusion of the Field Day period.
- Submit a electronic or hard copy of the ARRL Radiogram: Do not forget to submit an electronic copy or hard copy (depending upon how you submit your logs) of the ARRL Radiogram that you sent to our Section Manager with your Field Day logs when submitting them to the ARRL to receive the 100 bonus points for the Radiogram.
SOME METHODS OF SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR ARRL FIELD DAY MESSAGE:
- THE EAGLE NET: You may send your Field Day message to the Section Manager on the Field Day edition of the Eagle Net. The Eagle Net will meet in a special session at 2000 Hours on the NI4CE Repeater System.
- APRS: You may send your message on Field Day via APRS to K4WCF. Remember this must be APRS on RF!! The Section Manager will be running APRS and will attempt to ack back acknowledging the message. If not present the message will be stored in a Yaesu FTM100 that he is running on on APRS. Several groups have done this successfully on Field Day in the last few years.
- WINLINK: You may send your message on Field Day via Winklink as well. Please send that message to email@example.com. If any messages are received a reply message will send to the Winlink address as well.
- FLORIDA PHONE TRAFFIC NET (FPTN): It meets on daily on 3940 KHz at 0700 daily and would be operating on Sunday during Field Day and will have an extended session on Sunday for Field Day for the three Florida Section Managers to receive NTS messages and general Field Day site traffic if necessary.
- TROPICAL FAST NET (TFN): It meets daily on 3940 KHz at 1800 hours daily and will be operating on Saturday during Field Day for the three Florida Section Managers to receive NTS messages and general Field Day site traffic if necessary. .
CARAVAN TEAM INFORMATION FOR FIELD DAY 2021
CARAVAN TEAM MEMBERS:
CARAVAN ITINERARY: Look for publication of the itinerary one week prior to Field Day.
CARAVAN TRACKING INFORMATION: All three teams will be running APRS so everyone will know the progress of the caravan. You may track the Field Day Caravan members on the internet at the APRS FI website:
- Caravan Team #1: K4WCF -9 (RF)
- Caravan Team #2: K4WCF-11 (RF)
- Caravan Team #3: K4WCF-12 (IGATED)