West Central Florida Section Field Day Caravan 2020
20th ANNUAL FIELD DAY CARAVAN INFORMATION
DATE: Saturday June 27, 2020
TIME: Approximately 0800 – 2200 hours.
CARAVAN TEAM INFORMATION
CARAVAN TEAM MEMBERS: The WCF Field Day Caravan will consist of three teams. These teams are:
- Caravan Team #1: Darrell Davis KT4WX (SM) and Christine Duez KK4KJN (SYC). Covering northern Hillsborough, northern Pinellas, and Pasco Counties.
- Caravan Team #2: Mike Douglas W4MDD (ACC) and Steve Muller KM4VRK (ASM). Covering southern Hillsborough, southern Pinellas, Charlotte, Sarasota, and Manatee Counties.
- Caravan Team #3: Ben Henley KI4IGX (SEC, ASM) and Randy Payne K4EZM (ASM, ASEC). Covering Desoto, Hardee, Highlands, and Polk Counties.
CARAVAN ITINERARY: Look for publication of the itinerary one week prior to Field Day.
CARAVAN TRACKING INFORMATION: All three teams will be running APRS so everyone will know the progress of the caravan. You may track the Field Day Caravan members on the internet at the APRS FI website:
- Caravan Team #1: K4WCF -9 (RF)
- Caravan Team #2: K4WCF-11 (RF)
- Caravan Team #3: K4WCF-12 (IGATED)
RADIOGRAM TO THE SECTION MANAGER – INFORMATION
GUIDELINES FOR SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR FIELD DAY MESSAGE
Here are some guidelines to remember when sending our Section Manager your Field Day message for 100 bonus points on Field Day:
- Must originate on amateur radio RF: You can use any frequency, as long as it is on the amateur radio frequencies. For example you can use an amateur radio repeater or simplex, analog voice, Fusion, DMR, D-Star, etc., to send your message. However you cannot use an digital voice hotspot such as NanoSpot, OpenSpot, etc., as these do not use RF to get the message off of the Field Day site.
- The message must originate during the Field Day period: The key here is ORIGINATED. As long as the message is ORIGINATED during the period, it is allowed. It does not have to be delivered during the period, only originated. Section Managers sometimes get messages that were originated during the Field Day period immediately following the conclusion of the Field Day period.
- Submit a electronic or hard copy of the ARRL Radiogram: Do not forget to submit an electronic copy or hard copy (depending upon how you submit your logs) of the ARRL Radiogram that you sent to our Section Manager with your Field Day logs when submitting them to the ARRL to receive the 100 bonus points for the Radiogram.
SOME METHODS OF SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR ARRL FIELD DAY MESSAGE:
- THE EAGLE NET: You may send your Field Day message to the Section Manager on the Field Day edition of the Eagle Net. The Eagle Net will meet, as is customary, at 2030 Hours on the NI4CE Repeater System. This may be on
- APRS: You may send your message on Field Day via APRS to K4WCF-9. Remember this must be APRS on RF!! The Section Manager will be running APRS on RF mobile and will attempt to ack back acknowledging the message. If not present the message will be stored in a Yaesu FTM100 that he is running on on APRS. Several groups have done this successfully on Field Day in the last few years.
- FLORIDA PHONE TRAFFIC NET: It meets on daily on 3940 KHz at 0700 daily and would be operating on Sunday during Field Day and will have an extended session on Sunday for Field Day Section Manager and general Field Day site traffic if necessary.