COUNTY PARKS ON THE AIR – 2019
NAME: COUNTY PARKS ON THE AIR (CPOTA)
WHEN: March 1, 2019 0000 EST – December 31, 2019 2359 EST
SCOPE: All County Parks in the ARRL West Central Florida Section. All county parks are on the list. Note: City Parks will not be on the list. Due to fact that information on the internet about these parks is sometimes incomplete or scarce, and due to the time constraints involved with with actually driving to all city parks in the Section to verify the information about these parks, it was decided to not list city parks this time around. National Parks and State Parks are not on the list.
REASON: ARRL National Parks on the Air (NPOTA) in 2016 was a very popular operating event and operations have continued in National Parks using the NPOTA event designators since the event ended in 2016. Florida Parks on the Air was started as a result by the Lakeland Amateur Radio Club in 2017 due to the popularity of NPOTA. Having an operating event for amateur radio operators to go to city, town, and county parks, which is within a few miles driving distance, or less, for most amateur radio operators, makes the idea of portable and portable QRP makes it much more attractive,convenient, and even spontaneous for the local radio amateur.
Thanks to Mike Douglas W4MDD, our Affiliated Club Coordinator, for compiling the list of parks for CPOTA, which is quite extensive. Thanks to Randy Payne K4EZM for compiling the CPOTA event rules. Thanks to Jim Weslager K3WR for designing the CPOTA Logo.
Thanks to Randy Payne K4EZM, one of our Assistant Section Managers, for chairing a rules committee to draft the rules for CPOTA.
LOGO – For use by activators and or chasers
PARK ACTIVATIONS REGISTRATION
WHERE TO REGISTER: County Parks On The Air – Facebook Page.
PURPOSE OF THE FACEBOOK CPOTA PAGE: To make information about proposed, upcoming, or commenced CPOTA activations as widely available as possible.
INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES TO LIST CPOTA INFO ON THE FACEBOOK CPOTA PAGE:
- List proposed or upcoming CPOTA activations.
- Pictures and general statistics from a recent CPOTA activation.
- Discussions and posting of information of radio, computer equipment, and antennas and related ideas for CPOTA activations. This is to give future activators ideas on how to do their own CPOTA activations.
- Pictures of station setups, related projects, and general statistics of chasers participating in CPOTA.
- We are asking everyone to keep your comments and posts civil, and on topic. Any comments or posts that are un-civil, obscene, indecent, profane, or of activity of an illegal nature will be removed by a page administrator. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
COUNTY PARKS LIST – BY COUNTY
- Charlotte County Parks
- Desoto County Parks
- Hardee County Parks
- Highlands County Parks
- Hillsborough County Parks
- Manatee County Parks
- Pasco County Parks
- Pinellas County Parks
- Polk County Parks
- Sarasota County Parks
Disclaimer: To our knowledge, this list of county administered parks is complete. If one discovers a park not on the list, please fill out the Contact Form on the Section website and give us all the information that you find on that particular county park, including proper name, address, web site link of that park information if it is available. The information on that form will be passed on to Randy Payne K4EZM, chairman of the rules committee, for review to be included in the county parks list.