20th ANNUAL FIELD DAY CARAVAN INFORMATION
WCF SECTION FIELD DAY CARAVAN 2020 – ZOOM VIRTUAL CARAVAN INFORMATION
Due to COVID-19 precautions the in-person ARRL West Central Florida Section Field Day Caravan is now a virtual caravan. It will be held via the Zoom meeting platform.
ZOOM MEETING INFO – DATE AND TIME
Topic: ARRL WCF Section Field Day Caravan
Time: Jun 27, 2020 1300 – 1800 EDT
NOTE: Zoom meeting will be opened at 1200 EDT to allow testing of setups.
ZOOM DIRECT LINK – VIA INTERNET
AUTOMATIC LOG IN VIA ZOOM CLIENT
MANUAL LOG IN VIA ZOOM CLIENT
Meeting ID: 817 850 5839
NOTE: If you have not used Zoom before on your computer, when you click on the link above your web browser will look to see if you have the Zoom client installed. If not, the Zoom website will prompt you to go through the install procedure.
You can log in one of two ways:
(1) Click on the link above and it will either prompt you or will automatically bring up your Zoom client, whether it be on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
(2) Bring up your Zoom client and enter the meeting ID and Password manually.
ZOOM ACCESS VIA TELEPHONE – AUDIO ONLY
ONE TAP MOBILE
+13017158592,,8178505839#,,,,0#,,376412# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8178505839#,,,,0#,,376412# US (Chicago)
MANUALLY DIALING IN
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 817 850 5839
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aqLE2Q1Uq
TAKING PICTURES OF YOUR FIELD DAY – PHOTO MONTAGE IN THE WCF PRESSER
If this is not an option for you consider either taking pictures of your Field Day site in operation and or do a short video of your Field Day operation. Even if you participate in the virtual caravan, you are still encourage to send those pictures in. You may send those pictures to our newsletter editor Jim Weslager K3WR, our Assistant Section Manager for Publications via email at email@example.com. These pictures will be used in a Field Day montage in the August or September issue of the WCF PRESSER.
RADIOGRAM TO THE SECTION MANAGER – INFORMATION
GUIDELINES FOR SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR FIELD DAY MESSAGE
Here are some guidelines to remember when sending our Section Manager your Field Day message for 100 bonus points on Field Day:
- Must originate on amateur radio RF: You can use any frequency, as long as it is on the amateur radio frequencies. For example you can use an amateur radio repeater or simplex, analog voice, Fusion, DMR, D-Star, etc., to send your message. However you cannot use an digital voice hotspot such as NanoSpot, OpenSpot, etc., as these do not use RF to get the message off of the Field Day site.
- The message must originate during the Field Day period: The key here is ORIGINATED. As long as the message is ORIGINATED during the period, it is allowed. It does not have to be delivered during the period, only originated. Section Managers sometimes get messages that were originated during the Field Day period immediately following the conclusion of the Field Day period.
- Submit a electronic or hard copy of the ARRL Radiogram: Do not forget to submit an electronic copy or hard copy (depending upon how you submit your logs) of the ARRL Radiogram that you sent to our Section Manager with your Field Day logs when submitting them to the ARRL to receive the 100 bonus points for the Radiogram.
SOME METHODS OF SENDING THE SECTION MANAGER YOUR ARRL FIELD DAY MESSAGE:
- THE EAGLE NET: You may send your Field Day message to the Section Manager on the Field Day edition of the Eagle Net. The Eagle Net will meet in a special session at 2000 Hours on the NI4CE Repeater System.
- APRS: You may send your message on Field Day via APRS to K4WCF. Remember this must be APRS on RF!! The Section Manager will be running APRS and will attempt to ack back acknowledging the message. If not present the message will be stored in a Yaesu FTM100 that he is running on on APRS. Several groups have done this successfully on Field Day in the last few years.
- WINLINK: You may send your message on Field Day via Winklink as well. Please send that message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If any messages are received a reply message will send to the Winlink address as well.
- FLORIDA PHONE TRAFFIC NET (FPTN): It meets on daily on 3940 KHz at 0700 daily and would be operating on Sunday during Field Day and will have an extended session on Sunday for Field Day for the three Florida Section Managers to receive NTS messages and general Field Day site traffic if necessary.
- TROPICAL FAST NET (TFN): It meets daily on 3940 KHz at 1800 hours daily and will be operating on Saturday during Field Day for the three Florida Section Managers to receive NTS messages and general Field Day site traffic if necessary. .
CARAVAN TEAM INFORMATION FOR FIELD DAY 2021
CARAVAN TEAM MEMBERS: The WCF Field Day Caravan will tentatively consist of three teams. The makeup of these teams may change as we get closer to Field Day. These teams are:
- Caravan Team #1: Darrell Davis KT4WX (SM) and Christine Duez KK4KJN (SYC). Covering northern Hillsborough, northern Pinellas, and Pasco Counties.
- Caravan Team #2: Mike Douglas W4MDD (ACC) and Steve Muller KM4VRK (ASM). Covering southern Hillsborough, southern Pinellas, Charlotte, Sarasota, and Manatee Counties.
- Caravan Team #3: Ben Henley KI4IGX (SEC, ASM) and Randy Payne K4EZM (ASM, ASEC). Covering Desoto, Hardee, Highlands, and Polk Counties.
CARAVAN ITINERARY: Look for publication of the itinerary one week prior to Field Day.
CARAVAN TRACKING INFORMATION: All three teams will be running APRS so everyone will know the progress of the caravan. You may track the Field Day Caravan members on the internet at the APRS FI website:
- Caravan Team #1: K4WCF -9 (RF)
- Caravan Team #2: K4WCF-11 (RF)
- Caravan Team #3: K4WCF-12 (IGATED)