VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO ACTIVATE K4WCF SPECIAL EVENT STATIONS FOR 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF THE WCF SECTION.
The Section will be holding a ARRL West Central Florida Section 20th Anniversary Operating Event special operating event to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the ARRL West Central Florida Section. As part of this celebration, K4WCF, the callsign of the West Central Florida Section, will be activated one weekend in each county of the West Central Florida Section until all ten counties are activated over a period of ten weekends. A K4WCF operation was done in January of 2000 when the West Central Florida Section commenced operation. This will be repeated once or twice more later during the year, either in the fall and or the summer and fall, to give everyone an opportunity to work K4WC in all ten counties. This will not be a contest but simply an operating event to celebrate the anniversary of the West Central Florida Section.
The West Central Florida Section is now taking applications for ARES and or ACS groups,CERT groups, or radio clubs to apply to be authorized to activate K4WCF for a weekend at a time for each respective weekend. A special event web page on the Section website will be setup once the rules are finalized. The following is the tentative schedule of operating weekends for the first running of K4WCF in the Winter and Spring of 2020 and the groups, clubs, or individuals who have volunteered to operate K4WCF:
• Hillsborough County: 1/11/20 and 1/12/20
• Manatee County: 1/18/20 and 1/19/20
• Sarasota County: 1/25/20 and 1/26/20
• Charlottte County: 2/01/20 and 2/02/20
• Desoto County: 2/15/20 and 2/16/20
• Highlands County 2/22/20 and 2/23/20
• Polk County: 2/29/20 and 3/01/20
• Hardee County: 3/14/20 and 3/15/20
• Pasco County: 3/21/20 and 3/22/20
• Pinellas County: 3/29/20 and 3/30/20 – St.Petersburg Amateur Radio Club.
The publication of the WCF Section 20th Anniversary Operating Event page and the schedule of who is going to operate will be announced by future WCF SECTION PRESS RELEASES and in the January WCF PRESSER. Groups interested in operating K4WCF in a particular county please use the Contact Form on the Section website to apply. Please state on the Contact Form the name of your organization, where you would activate K4WCF, and for what county you are volunteering to activate. The criteria for operating K4WCF is two fold:
(1) A station operating K4WCF must be located in the county it is activating. (2) Have the capability to hand out contacts on VHF and UHF so that our Technician class licensees can participate by making contacts as well. K4WCF may be operated either portable, from a club station, an EOC station, or a base station.
For the full list of activation critieria, operating rules, etc., may be found on the K4WCF Special Operating Event webpage at http://arrlwcf.org/wcf-special-events/k4wcf-20th-anniversary-operating-event-2020/.